Date(s) - Sat 24 October
Celebrate Bristol’s newest community orchard, with a day of apple pressing, artist workshops, foraging walks, local food and music.
– Learn to press apples & taste fresh juice with National Trust Leigh Woods
– Bring your own apples & bottles for free juice
– Take a walk on the wild side with forager Steve England
– Buy local produce from The bristol larder
– Taste home cooking from The Garlic Farm Field Kitchen & Whitchurch WI
– Get creative with artist workshops for all ages
– Bring your apple cakes for bake-off competition, with judging by a professional chef at 2:30pm
– Hear music by the Acousticians
Free event, all welcome. Find us outside Whitchurch Library, from 11am – 3pm.
The Orchard is a Future Perfect public art commission designed by artist David Thorpe in consultation with local residents to provide abundant fruit for the community and a place of beauty.